To assist the children in memorizing the colors of each Bead Bar and its associated quantity. This is a preliminary activity necessary for more advanced work later.
4.5-5 years old
- A set of colored Beads from 1 through 9
- A piece of felt
- Invite a child to the shelf and introduce her to the Short Bead Stair
- Show her how to carry the activity to a table
- Place a felt mat on the table. Scatter the Beads on the felt
- Show the child how to arrange the Beads into the shape of a stair
- Re-scatter the Beads on the felt and ask the child to arrange the stair on her own.
- You conduct a Three Period Lesson starting with the first three Bars