To correctly construct the cube according to shape and color
4.5 years old
A box with wooden cubes and rectangular prisms painted in various colors. The Trinomial Box consists of three layers.
- Carry the box in both hands and place it on the table before the child
- Indicate the pattern painted on the lid, mentioning the colors. Remove the lid and place it, top up, on the table beside the box. Point out that the same pattern is repeated on the cube and the lid.
- Lower the sides of the box, revealing the cube more fully. Point out that the pattern is repeated on the sides of the cube.
- Begin to remove the prisms from the box, taking out the yellow cube first. Build the top layer around it on the table. Note that the pattern on this layer is repeated on the second layer.
- Slide the first layer up to the top of the table and build the middle layer on the table next to the box. Note that the pattern is repeated on all layers and on the lid.
- Move the middle layer up, while keeping it separate from the top layer. Build the bottom layer on the table.
- Line up the prisms of the bottom layer in a vertical row with the red cube at the bottom.
- Rebuild the bottom layer on the lid and then in the box, beginning with the red cube and being careful to place the prisms in the box one at a time.
- Line up the prisms from the middle layer and then build it on the lid, beginning with the larger red and black prism
- Repeat with the top layer
- When the cube has been rebuilt in the box, point out the patterns repeated on the cube and the lid
- Raise the sides and replace the lid
- Ask the child if he would like to construct the cube on his own